[development] adding a filter to views

Lluís enboig at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 11:41:45 UTC 2009

I have just created a module to allow user to insert a field in a view
which is the add of two other numeric fields in the view; so the
resulting SQL is like:
SELECT a,b, (a+b) c FROM table

My approach is different from views_calc because it should work on
grouped fields so:
SELECT d, sum(a), sum(b), (sum(a)+sum(b)) FROM table GROUP BY d

Now I need to add a filter and I don't know really where to start; I
suppose I should start from views_handler_filter_numeric but I don't
know anything else.

Any hint is welcome; and if anybody is interested in this module I can send it.

Thanks

--
*La vida és com una taronja, què esperes a exprimir-la?
*Si creus que l'educació és cara, prova la ignorància.