[development] Request to remove some of my pages + ask confirmation for guidelines

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri Aug 28 14:30:58 UTC 2009

David Metzler wrote:
> This brings me to a quick question about the culture (not technology)
> of  drupal development documentation.  One of the things some of us
> could have done in response was to actually edit the pages that were
> posted. In a wiki, this would be expected and encouraged, along with log
> notes on why the changes were made.

A better place to discuss the Drupal doc culture in general is on the
documentation list.... but as to your specific question:

> I realized when I was reading these pages, I could have done that.
> Would that have been considered good or bad manners in the drupal
> community?

It is always good manners on drupal.org to edit doc pages that you
find problems in. If you do not have time or permission to edit the
doc page, the second best thing is to file an issue in the
Documentation project issue queue. Terrible things to do include
flaming the author, or posting your suggestions in a comment on the page.

    --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com