[development] Granular Permissions for Administer Content Types

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Sat Dec 5 07:24:37 UTC 2009

Hi Jerad,

I'm not talking about node permissions per content type. I'm talking
about permissions relating to creating content-types. Right now there
is only one permission called "administer content-types."

With nodes you have the super-permission, "administer nodes" and then
you have all that detail stuff re: nodes per content type (create,
edit, delete). I'm interested in something similar, for the content-
types themselves (not the nodes).

The idea I have is for a kind of "wiki" database site where users
could create  a content type and then populate it with an import, add
records and/or invite others to create/edit records. All data would be
exportable. The creator of the content-type is the only user who could
administer the content type.

Enjoy that scootch :)

Shai

Shai Gluskin