[development] Hook_help()

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Tue Dec 8 16:39:43 UTC 2009

Andrew Berry wrote:
> On 2009-12-08, at 11:16 AM, Holly Ferree wrote:
>
>> I actually tried using hook_help (so it either doesn't work or I'm doing
>> something wrong...(I'd bet the later)).
>
> I'm pretty sure that hook_help() is only available within modules, and not themes:
>
> http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_help/6

Besides which, if you wanted to implement hook_help(), the function
name would be changed to mymodulename_help(). Defining a function
called hook_help() wouldn't work -- that function would never be
called by Drupal core.

Check out the module developers tutorial on drupal.org, which might
clear up some confusion about how to implement hooks.

    --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com