[development] Add data to Drupal session

Salvatore De Paolis iwkse at gmx.com
Wed Dec 9 01:16:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 18:52:25 +0100
Sascha Grossenbacher <saschagros at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Sascha,
> Short answer: you can't.
I was afraid of something like this.
> Even if you are able to serialize your class, I'm sure the class
> contains resources
> (http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.resource.php) and these
> cannot be serialized nor stored in $_SESSION. Some resources can be
> persistent but I think that's only possible with PHP extensions aka C
> code.
I do not have experience with PHP extensions writing but i do with C so
probably i'll consider this option if it's the best one to follow.

> I'm sure there are other possible solutions, including a running
> process/service on the server to which either your module can talk.
I guess here you're talking about PHP daemon process used for
storing/retrieving the jabber class. I don't have experience about it but i can
look at some documentation and see if this is something i can do.

If you have further hints they will be welcome,
thank you for now
Salvatore