[development] is drupal a MVC stuff

Damien Tournoud damz at prealable.org
Fri Dec 11 14:33:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:57 PM, sivaji j.g <sivaji2009 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was updating the wikipedia's drupal page with pressflow distribution
> yesterday, there i observed that drupal is build using MVC design pattern
> [1]. But i remember my mentor telling me that drupal is NOT based on MVC. Is
> it changed in the recent version or the person who updated the wiki page has
> misunderstood the concept. Please enlighten me.

In the very dumb way most people understand MVC, yes Drupal is MVC,
because there is a separation between the presentation and content.

But no, that's not strictly speaking MVC. Strict MVC doesn't exist for
web application, because a big part of the view and the controller is
actually handled by the browser.

Damien Tournoud