[development] Node types in hook_form_alter()

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:05:42 UTC 2009

To survive in the medium and long term, Drupal must pay its code debt and
accept an object oriented paradigm... we can't always be inventing the wheel
over and over and over again at such a high cost... reflection/introspection
(everything should cheaply and automatically know what it is) is part and
parcel of any modern approach to programming and architecture... to show
that it is perfectly possible even in PHP, see:
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=346958&seqNum=5

Recently there was a Talmudic discussion about what pattern to label Drupal
(MVC, etc., etc.). Look, the bindings of an object with the fields of a form
on the presentation level is confused completely here with the persistence
of the node object. It's a disaster. And I'm not sure that the "fields in
core" breakthrough really solves the problem, despite its performance cost.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar
http://projectflowandtracker.com

"Make the capitalists pay the crisis, not the workers"