[development] Two module ideas

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 18 13:39:29 UTC 2009

Victor Kane wrote:

> Core should not have a site slogan, that should be a block in a region

I have no problem with core supporting a slogan, although I can see that as
really belonging to themes. Some themes don't even support it. Support for a
mission is the same, although it is generally implemented as a block, as you
suggest.

However, that is not the issue here. The theme I am using supports slogans
in a manner which is useful in this case. The problem is that core does not
specify a #maxlength parameter so it defaults to 128 and that is inadequate
for my needs.

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
Jr.