[development] Deploying content from master site to subsites

Domenic Santangelo domenics at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 21:53:18 UTC 2009

On Dec 31, 2009, at 1:29 PM, Nancy Wichmann wrote:
> Domenic Santangelo wrote:
>> Seems like overthinking/overengineering to me.
>
> It was just a thought. There's no need to insult me. You could have stopped
> with what I quoted.
>
> Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP

Ouch. You should learn (sooner rather than later, imo) that criticism of an idea isn't the same as a personal insult. It's an odd reaction considering that I criticized my own solution as unscalable. I thought it was clear that I was saying that a solution such as yours would be more appropriate than mine in a very large-scale environment (which I didn't get the gist that the OP was working on), but perhaps it wasn't clear.

As to overengineering in general, I think Drupal as a whole would be in a much better place if we called each other out on it more often (imagefield+imageapi+imagecache+upload+cck required for images in a node, anyone?). Food for thought.

-D