[development] Virtual Code Sprint on Internationalization in Drupal core (starting today)

Jose A. Reyero drupal at reyero.net
Tue Feb 3 11:26:45 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Just in case you don't know yet, we'll be having a Virtual Code Sprint
on Internationalization in Drupal core. We are going to focus our
efforts for a short period of time on trying to move on with a lot of
critical issues and features to get better multilingual support in Drupal 7.

It starts today (Tuesday) at 16:00 UTM. It will take place on Feb. 3 - 4
and Feb 10 - 11.

The list of issues we'll be focusing on (tagged with 'i18n sprint') is
here, http://drupal.org/project/issues/3060/term/301

So if you are interested on multilingual Drupal and want to participate,
please sign up for http://groups.drupal.org/node/18443

=============
Sprint logistics
=============

The sprint will be held in IRC in #drupal-i18n. We'll also move at times
into #drupal-devel when we need to find other developers to get tips on
particular problems.

The sprint will begin at 16:00 UTM on both Tuesday Feb. 3. This timing
is to enable the organizers, located in Europe and North America, to get
things going. We'll continue past midnight UTM, partly to enable Angie
Byron (the D7 core maintainer) to check in when she's available.

You're welcome to participate for as much or as little of the sprint as
you can fit in.

During the sprint we'll agree on a time to start on Feb. 4 and post this
to the event post. It may be earlier than 16:00 UTM to make it easier
for participants in Europe, with North American participants joining in
later.

If you're new to IRC, see this page: http://drupal.org/irc

Cheers,

Jose