[development] SQLite and Drupal 7

Sam Tresler sam at treslerdesigns.com
Tue Feb 3 21:32:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 20:14 -0800, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> We could say that for
> high performance sites you only change system or the registry when you
> deploy and thus the SQLite file is just one more to be deployed.

This is not a viable solution for content heavy sites such as newpapers
and radio stations.  If I understand it correctly it would involve
pausing the entire content creation staff while development pushed the
new db file live.

It would also entail having site admins, that might not be
administrators required to either know what was a safe change in a
clustered environment and what wasn't, or attempting to restrict the
access of site-admins in complex ways.

I'm not shut off to the idea, but I don't see it working well in a
clustered environment.

-Sam Tresler