[development] SQLite and Drupal 7 -- third coming

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Thu Feb 5 00:28:27 UTC 2009

> So I am still -1 on requiring SQLite in order for Drupal to function.  However, I am leaning more and more toward automatically using it if available.

Stop. Read. We only get the primary benefit (code cleanliness) if we
*require* SQLite. There is no point in doing this half-way. If you
know of web hosts where Drupal would no longer work, please take the
challenge at http://drupal4hu.com/node/177. So far, no such place is
known.

Also, Lets stop talking about deployment. chx solved that (no code
yet). Apache would write SQLite file when it needs to. Site admins can
be oblivious.