[development] Body and teaser as fields

Ronald Ashri ronald at istos.it
Wed Feb 11 05:41:22 UTC 2009

Absolutely makes sense for me to remove Body and Teaser - talking from a
user's/developer's perspective I've spent enough time trying to remove
them already - they almost never quite work for what I am trying to do.
Based on how we use Drupal at times even Title is an inconvenience, but
I guess removing that as well would create more problems than solve.

What we could then do is provide more useful content types for users to
start with - in the case of Page and Story simply changing the field
names would be enough to help people.

For example a page could be a Title and Content, but a story would be
Title, Post (a more blog-like name), Teaser (as a separate field -
because although the js divider idea is a nice one it is confusing to
people and does not fit the needs of a story too often). We could then
also add other types as examples for people.

Anyway, I am sure the far more sophisticated usability testing going on
is going to throw up all these issues.

Best,

Ronald