[development] File Security Module

Jon Antoine antoinesolutions at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:50:02 UTC 2009

Victor,

Thanks for your interest.  I read up a little on drush and it seems
like a really powerful system, but I'm not quite sure its the right
way to go with this.  Here are some more specifics of what I had in
mind.  Let me know if you disagree.

1.  My first thought was that this would eventually make it into
Drupal core.  I know that's a long shot, but there are always new web
developers getting thier feet wet and this would help ensure a safe
and secure Drupal site.  drush is a system in itself and would require
new users to first, know about it, and second, know how to use it.
Not really a newbie thing.
2.  I wanted this module to provide a hook that other modules could
use to define the files in their module and specify default
permissions for those files.  If this were a drush extension, it would
require that others know about drush and know how to use drush in
order to take advantage of the functionality which in the long run I
think would mean not as wide an addoption.

Steve,

I agree, this module could be a lot more than what I had initially
thought of.  I haven't developed a module that defined it's own hook
yet, so I am going to look into what that entails.  I would appreciate
any up-front design help and code help later on.

Cheers,

Jon Antoine
Antoine Solutions
Open Source Development Tutorials & Documentation
dev.antoinesolutions.com