[development] (no subject)

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 17 01:21:48 UTC 2009

Okay, I know that altering the structure of a core table is bad news. I do
not want to do that.

I have a module that keeps a copy of a file path in its own table. This is
de-normalizing the db.  What I want to do is to change my table to just
carry the file ID and change the queries to JOINS. That’s no biggie.

However, someone wants me to also be able to link to an external image. It
would not be hard for me to put that URL into the files table and get it
back with my normal query.

Would this be a legitimate use of the files table?

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. - Martin L. King, Jr.