[development] Incremental filter for the permissions page

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Tue Feb 17 01:55:40 UTC 2009

> I've been working on a patch that incrementally filters the
> permission page - patch at http://drupal.org/node/229193 and
> demo at http://dmitrizone.com/229193.mov .
>
> Dmitri

Whether or not this thingy degrades, I don't really care.  I wouldn't mind
if it does not.

But I care for whether this actually works on a full-blown Drupal site
having 10-15 roles and countless modules exposing permissions (including CCK
Field Permissions that adds 3 permissions per fields, f.e. for 125 fields).

A previous attempt on parsing/filtering the permissions page on such a site
resulted in a total browser freeze:

#366442: Admin menu: Collapse modules on permissions page [1]

It worked flawlessly on a stock Drupal core install.

This needs to be tested before committing this.

Thanks,
Daniel

[1] http://drupal.org/node/366442