[development] Back to Curl-based content generation

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Feb 19 12:03:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 13:04:56 PM +0200, Cog Rusty wrote:

> Maybe I lost some part of this discussion, but I wonder: Why would
> you need any kind of server or PHP on your desktop to work with a
> remote Drupal web site?

because I want to add nodes from the command line at my desktop, for
reasons not really relevant here (in short, it would integrate much,
much better with my own, already existing document
management/publishing/backup flow)...

...but, when I asked info to write my own bash/curl script to do this,
many members of this list simply answered saying "install this or that
drupal module or php library on the server" :-)

> Are you talking about putting together a CLI web browser?

No, just an http client, ie a shell script which sends to Drupal the
same HTML code that a real browser would transmit when I add a node by
hand, via keyboard and mouse. The web is full of scripts like this,
but doing it to drupal seems much harder/undocumented than in other
cases.

Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84