[development] Object Caching in DRUPAL-7?

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:19:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Nabil Alsharif wrote:

> IMO having a hook_nodeapi_load and hook_nodeapi_post_load could get a
> little confusing and is redundant. I agree with Josh in that there
> should be a $node->cacheable field.

This was in some of the earlier iterations of
http://drupal.org/node/111127- the issue is that one rogue contrib
module could completely disable node
caching on a site by setting this flag. With _load() and _post_load() the
worst that happens if you get them confused is you end up with some stale
data or a single module not taking advantage of the cache as well as it
could.

Either way, would be really great to have some more reviews of the issue
itself, since it's been sitting at RTBC for a while, and discussion on this
list doesn't get taken into account on the issue queue.

Nat