[development] Info needed to add content to Drupal via shell/curl script

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sun Jan 4 11:27:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, January 4, 2009 12:13 pm, andrew morton wrote:

> There was a discussion at the Portland Drupal Group
> about using the SimpleTest module to do this type
> of thing.... There are likely unit tests for
> HEAD that would do what you're describing.

I have just downloaded simpletest and will study it later today, thanks,
but I have one question anyway: From what I read, simpletest looks like:

1) a set of functions/classes/code to do in Php what
   I was planning to do with bash and curl, but...
2) something that requires anyway, in advance the same
   information I am asking for, that is the real
   subject of my search. I am looking for documentation
   that tells me:

- define this exact series of form fields
- send them to this url
- define this second series of form fields
- send them to this other url
- etc...

I mean, if using simpletest from the command line means, eventually, to
type less than writing a bash/curl implementation, that's great, I'll do
that.

But simpletest looks to me as a way to do automatically and much more
quickly something you *already* know in all details, that is a way to go
through a constant sequence of predefined steps: maybe I'm missing
something, but can it make faster to learn what that sequence *is* ?

thanks,
Marco

--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Software:
http://digifreedom.net