[development] Put a site into maintenance-mode, but not for all...

Jens Reinemuth jens at reinemuth.info
Tue Jan 6 13:35:22 UTC 2009

� schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I prefer whitelisting IPs in .htaccess via Apache setup, so that while
> you experiment, nobody will get to the site (PHP code) any way, but
> only those allowed.
>
> G�bor

Nice idea, but we have a really nice "site in maintanance mode"-page
that surely should be displayed instead of blocking all external users...

This should not be experiments, but a really urgent bugfixing that
should not happen to often (hopefully)...

Next problem is, that you have to edit .htaccess, while the other way
you simply have to login drupal and put the site in the maintenance
mode, or back to live mode.

Jens