[development] load node globally

Ashraf Amayreh mistknight at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:50:10 UTC 2009

Hello All,

Since I see so many node loads in block visibility and in modules that do
$node manipulations and so forth, which would make me think that sometimes
many node loads might occur on some pages and tens perhaps when you add
contributed modules on that, I was wondering why not just load $node
globally on node/<num>/* pages like we do with $user to avoid any extra
node_loads? Developers would only need to global $node and it would either
be null or populated and ready.

Before creating a patch for a *possibly* terrible idea, I thought I'd raise
a stick and see if it gets shot :D

--
Ashraf Amayreh
http://aamayreh.org