[development] hook_form

Ole Kerpel oke at iisg.nl
Mon Jul 27 19:24:28 UTC 2009

Hi all,

not very familiar with Drupal development, but I'm working my way through Pro Drupal Development which helps a lot.

I was wondering how I could implement the hook_form, in order to create a form within the Drupal generated form.
Can I add php in the <mymodule>_form or does Drupal offer ways here?

Here is my case. I am creating a module that stores nodes with several textfields. One of the fields is mandatory and should contain a url. The user must be able to search for the urls by posting keywords to an web service. When the result comes back the user must be able to select a url which is then stored in the right field. after that, the user is able to add some text and then submit the form the Drupal way.

Any help is welcome, thanks advance for the trouble taken.

Ole Kerpel
Developer

Internationaal Instituut voor Sociale Geschiedenis
Postbus 2169
1000 CD Amsterdam
T: 0208500137
E: oke at iisg.nl