[development] upgrade d5 to d6 deletes themes and engines from system table

David Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Thu Jul 30 02:11:58 UTC 2009

I've seen loads of posts about trouble upgrading from D5 to D6, but no
answers for my specific problem.  That I know of, anyway.  Apologies if
this is answered elsewhere.

I'm upgrading a site from Drupal 5.x to Drupal 6.x.  After running the
update.php script, I find the system table contains no owner values for
any of my themes.  I think I can hack these values, setting the owner
column to "themes/engines/phptemplate/phptemplate.engine" for most of
the themes.  But what's the deal?  Why wasn't this done during
update.php?

It might have to with open basedir restrictions.  Because I've updated a
local copy of the site and it didn't have this problem.  but running
update on the live server has this problem.

And more importantly, are there any other parts of the upgrade that
failed, but I haven't discovered yet?

thanks for any help,

-Dave