[development] Set the CCK field value the the node is created

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 20:05:13 UTC 2009

I've struggled with doing this, too.  I updated some of the CCK
developer documentation on drupal.org to Drupal 6 as I went along
figuring things out, but obviously only hit minor bits and pieces.

You can look at the source for the moodle module
(http://drupal.org/project/moodle) in the moodle.cckfield.inc file for
the development code I was last working on to do this a few months
ago.  It is a very hacked up copy of the computed field code, if I
remember correctly.

Please, please! -- if anyone figures out any pieces of how CCK works
in Drupal 6 -- add documentation below the top-level page at
http://drupal.org/node/101742 .

The only 2 people who know how it really works are the  maintainers,
and they're busy working on Drupal 7.

..chris