[development] feeds for docs? and "developers" group?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sat Mar 7 09:49:47 UTC 2009

Reading the "When it's Ready" thread I've just learned 2 important
things:
- there is an automatic tool to help porting modules (deadwood)
- now there are good docs about SimpleTest

Sometimes I look into discussions or docs or "groups" to see how to
best deal with cvs when you use another tool internally, how to
setup multisite, if there is anything new about DB API I could
exploit etc...
Sometimes the docs get stale, outdated or it just don't solve my
problem.

a) it would be nice if dev could be kept updated on changes to
specific sections of docs.
b) is there a place to discuss about how to become better drupal
developers? techniques, tools etc...

Every time I learn something from a ml that could be useful to
others or I may "forget" I've the habit to take notes on my (oh!)
drupal website.
If there was a place where to discuss how to become better drupal
developers (and maybe there is such a place) I think the
documentation would be even larger and maybe some recurring topics
would be less frequent.

The dev list most frequent use seems to be:
- core announcements and strategies
- how do I program this?

but not: how do I become a better drupal dev?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it