[development] How to port modules? was: Drupal 7 "When it's Ready"

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:01:40 UTC 2009

Not to criticize or insult anyone, but more to address a perhaps
common fallacy:  core developers are not necessarily "smarter" than
the rest.  There are some really smart people out there, both core and
non-core developers, and even just non-developers.

What makes core developers who they are is a combination of things.
Having "superior brain power" doesn't hurt.  But it includes
dedication, ability to spend more time on the project, desire,
demonstrated contribution, sometimes history, some luck, and no doubt
more than a few other things.

Thomas Edison said:  "Genius is one percent inspiration and
ninety-nine percent perspiration."  I think that applies here.

Just to reiterate -- I respect the "brain power" of all core
developers -- in fact, of all contributors.  Don't be intimidated into
not contributing.

..chris

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Matt Chapman