[development] "Accepted" status for issues

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 9 11:40:28 UTC 2009

Quoting Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net>:

> On Mar 8, 2009, at 6:31 AM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
>> I would like for each project to be able to add or remove statuses
>> to their liking but I don't have time to work a patch and it isn't
>> as important as other items on the list.
>
> That'd be a pain for various reasons.  For one thing, it'd be
> impossible to filter by status across projects if the set of possible
>  values was different on each project.  Basically, status would
> become  just like component in the current issue queues, and I think
> that's a  step in the wrong direction.

Thanks for the explanation Derek.

> On Mar 8, 2009, at 7:01 AM, Stella Power wrote:
>
>> There's already an issue open on d.o about re-organising the issue
>> status settings - http://drupal.org/node/171350
>
> I hoped to have time on the flight home to look at this closely, but
> was dealing with other things.  My initial impression of that
> proposal  (and what Earnie is saying above) is that we need *less*
> distinct  status values, not more.  For all the subtle, fine-grained
> stuff  people keep wanting, that we should use issue tagging (or a
> separate  "Status reason" vocabulary) instead.  But, I'll reply with
> a more  coherent counter-proposal at #171350 when I can.

I really appreciate the work you do to keep project improving.  It is
one of the things that sets Drupal apart from some other projects.  I
just wish I had more time to help you.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://www.4offer.biz/