[development] An alternative to common thinking in 5->6migration

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Mon Mar 9 17:31:25 UTC 2009

If it makes sense for your use-case, drupal_add_css/_js() should always be
invoked in the builder or rendering function of a "thing".

I.e., if the CSS applies to a form, invoke drupal_add_css() from the form
builder function.  That way, the form (or other "thing") can be rendered
with the proper stylesheet in other places.

However, if your CSS applies specifically to your module's help text, then
yeah, hook_help() is the proper location for invoking drupal_add_css() - so
the help text would be the "thing" here.

sun