[development] An alternative to common thinking in 5-> 6migration

Marcel Partap mpartap at gmx.net
Wed Mar 11 12:45:14 UTC 2009

> them.
???
Where are those? Despite
- it would place all load upon a small load of developers who are
already overloaded (not true)
- would stiffle innovation (hardly true - restriction only on repo
commits)
- don't like it because it messes with my ways (can't argue with that)
there was no argument i am aware of, and none of those strike me as
real compelling evidence quality restriction would be a bad idea.

> So what if this moderation would _blindly_ accept the above mentioned,
> unresolvable causes as reasons for creating a new project without further
> backtalk?
?? huh ??
The point was to make every non-core code just as community-maintained
as core, but have a wider circle of people working on it. So how would
the situation of an unresolvable conflict arises, if each area of
functionality gets its own carefully and expandable framework, and
code is okayed by the community? Don't get what you're trying to say,
sorry.

> I could even imagine that the content of this queue can be very interesting
> for all Drupalers
Well that's the point. Have all Drupalers maintain the modules, not
just a specific maintainer. Just like core, but supported by better
tools..

regards marcel.

--
  "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take
   your eyes off your goal."         -- Henry Ford (1863-1947)

   Change the world! Vote: http://hfopi.org/vote-future