[development] Drupal & Database layout

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sun Mar 15 00:22:29 UTC 2009

On Saturday 14 March 2009, Jay Liu wrote:
> I'd like to write to the drupal database using a Java-Hibernate mapping
> however, I can't find any database design documentation.
>
> I guess I just need to know what inserts into which tables when you create
> a front page posting.

The canonical reference is the one that comes with the modules themselves:
the Schema API descriptions in the .install files. You can conveniently browse
those in the admin area of your site by installing the Schema module.

I also found a graph that might be interesting to you:
http://drupal.org/node/184586
http://www.typo.co.il/~mooffie/tmp/schemagraph/output/

Hope that helps, cheers,
  Jakob