[development] Loading configuration using 'SERVER_NAME' as opposed to 'HTTP_HOST'

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 16 19:56:14 UTC 2009

Quoting Cog Rusty <cog.rusty at gmail.com>:

>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>        UseCanonicalName On
>>
>>        ServerName hostname.com
>>        ServerAlias hostname.dev
>> </VirtualHost>

--8<--
> Maybe using SERVER_NAME can be considered more configurable on the
> server's side, but not on Drupal's side. It makes Drupal's
> configuration more dependent on the server's settings, which could
> puzzle many people. Using HTTP_HOST the domain can be whatever you
> want as long as you can point it to Drupal's index.php by any means
> which don't alter the HTTP request.

The problem isn't getting to index.php the problem is getting to
sites/hostname.com from a request for hostname.dev.  If SERVER_NAME is
also considered but after HTTP_HOST then we have the best of both
worlds.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://www.4offer.biz/