[development] PHP checkstyle

Fanis Hatzidakis drupal at hatzidakis.org
Mon Mar 23 18:15:16 UTC 2009

PDT doesn't have it but Zend Studio for Eclipse has a php formatter
with profile import/export capability and all the customization
options I can think of. It works very well. I've been using it not
just to keep my code in check but also in order to read code by
others. Just open the file, hit ctrl+shift+F, and it formats the code
based on the currently selected profile.

There's also http://pear.php.net/package/PHP_CodeSniffer which runs
from the cli and reports on code that violates some defined standards.

Cheers,
Fanis