[development] node not fully loaded in hook_update() in node admin form

augustin (beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Fri Mar 27 07:07:02 UTC 2009

Hello again,

I have a different but related problem:
If I update a node (e.g. published /not published) using the admin form at
admin/content/node , hook_update() does not have the full node either, and
notices are spewed out because none of my custom fields defined in
hook_load() are set.

Are hook_view() and hook_update() supposed to node_load() the nodes
themselves?

Looking back at some of my modules, I see some instances where I have done
$node =  mynodetype_load($node) to get a full node.

Thanks,

Augustin.