[development] should I alter the sessions table?

Domenic Santangelo domenic at workhabit.com
Tue Mar 31 19:39:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Henrique Recidive <recidive at gmail.com>wrote:

> Surely there will be a performance hit, due to longer indexes.

Barely perceptible, I'd wager. The indexes will only grow (in comparison to
current) when there are entries of length >64 (varchar isn't padded). But
the "session" field is a longtext, so it isn't exactly a high-performing
table as it is. (just looking at a D5 install, YMMV for D6+). But it's
probably beside the point because:

Can't you just save you key in a session variable (e.g. $_SESSION['fb_key'])
> ?

^this! :)

-D