[development] should I alter the sessions table?

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Tue Mar 31 20:49:51 UTC 2009

> Definitely not.  We're talking about the session key, the
> very thing that makes it possible for $_SESSION to persist
> from one request to the next.  (When serving a Facebook
> Canvas Page, cookies are not honored and the session_key
> _must_ be used instead.)

This scares me a bit.  Will you make users aware of this core modification?
Or is your module supposed to be used by advanced users only?  At least, it
sounds a bit like the latter.

settings.php:

$conf = array(
  'session_inc' => './sites/all/modules/facebook/session.inc',
);

There, join your own facebook_sessions table and/or do any magic or own
session handling as you like.

sun