[development] Database / SQL future thoughts

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 19:16:07 UTC 2009

Bertrand Mansion wrote:
> Instead of being arrogant and underestimating others, you should start
> by asking yourself if there really isn't any other way to better
> manage tags

People are already asking these questions - I linked to the patches a
couple of hours ago.

Similarly people are working on the other things you mentioned - but
you haven't referenced any of that work in your e-mails to this list,
so it's impossible to tell if you're familiar with it or not:

http://drupal.org/project/memcache (cache and sessions)
http://drupal.org/project/cacherouter
http://groups.drupal.org/handlers

>, and hierarchies
menu system rewrite for Drupal 6 and the tree parsing patch for D7.
Also http://drupal.org/project/leftandright and
http://drupal.org/project/lineage in contrib

> and file storage, etc).

http://drupal.org/project/cdn

So if you know everything there is to know about all of these efforts
(and others which I didn't mention) - presumably you could explain how
you evaluated and rejected them already?

Nat