[development] Issue queue links from project pages?

Michelle Cox shellmultimedia at gmail.com
Sun May 10 00:48:12 UTC 2009

> Interesting idea.  However, I believe that's more a job for
> the forthcoming "Links" block:

I don't think it's the same as the links block. This would be more
automated. Sort of like a sticky tag, except you want something that all
maintainers have access to. So it could sort first by "flag" (or whatever
gets used) and then by timestamp. If nothing is flagged, you get what you
have now. If there are some issues that are getting duped a lot or for some
other reason the maintainer really wants you to see, you flag them and they
show up first in that block.

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Daniel F. Kudwien <news at unleashedmind.com>wrote:

> I would put it more simple:
>
> Just display the x issues that users *flagged* recently. :)
>
> (note, not based on amount of flags, but most recent flags)
>
> sun

This points out a problem with the idea. I'd like it to be the maintainer
that flags the issues to go there. So that makes it more complex because you
not only have to look at the flag but at who flagged it. Unless we just go
on an honor system that no one but the maintainer should use a particular
flag. Dunno how well that would work. Probably not well, I think.

Michelle