[development] Drupal SU module anyone?

Michelle Cox shellmultimedia at gmail.com
Sun May 10 15:33:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 9:39 PM, David Metzler <metzlerd at metzlerd.com> wrote:

> I had another idea for a simple module that I'm considering developing. I
> often get overwhelmed with drupal administration, and have many sites where
> admin is shared.  Every time I add a module in drupal I tediously enable all
> access  permissions for my "Admin" role.  I began to think about the Linux
> sudo model, and thought this might be cool for dupal. Users with "Become
> Admin" privilges could switch to the "admin" user only.  This way I could
> largely see the view that my content contributors do :).
>
> Does this seem like a good thing?  Anyone know about duplication?  I'm
> aware of Devel, and Masquerade but I didn't feel the need for that on the
> production sites, and I really don't want to expose the "Become Any User"
> functionality (but maybe I'm being silly here).

I love the idea.  I have too many privileges on my normal user because I
find it tedious to switch to another user to do admin stuff quick. I've
tried both the Devl and Masquerade options and didn't care for them. I'd
love to have my normal user where I could click something and all the admin
options show up and click something else and they all go away without
actually changing users.

Michelle