[development] Drupal SU module anyone?

luca capra luca.capra at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:57:15 UTC 2009

Hello, sorry I'm out of discussion but I was thinking.. (as I never used
masquerade/adminrole, but they seems to be similar to an extended su)

1 As does logintoggoboan module, when encountering a 403 page, put the
su module login form (or a link to ?q=curr/path/su).
2 On submit form, check if user is logged && in the "sudoers|admin" role
(like adminrole?)
3 add all permission to the user (alike #1) and toggle them on hook_exit
(?).
4 Keep a su flag as timestamp in $user session and let it there some
time, in case it's needed again (like masquerade?)
5 next 403 will update the time period and let go on as root or else
remove if timed out.

Is a reasonable approach?

Thanks, Luca