[development] Irresponsible security researcher

Adam Ely adame780 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 01:30:15 UTC 2009

Seriously, the fact that the info is in the whois database means he is not
concerned with it being out there. Furthermore, why act so childish? It is
obvious that Mr. Keane is merely concerned with being credited with his
discoveries and no matter what you do he will continue down this path of
(irresponsible) full disclosure.   Should the community stoop to a lower
level just because someone does? Do you think this will discourage others
from doing the same?

The fact is there is a difference in full disclose and responsible full
disclosure and Mr. Keane should follow the latter.  Read RFP's RFPolicy for
a good start on what is considered respnsible for both parties,
http://www.wiretrip.net/rfp/policy.html.

Adam