[development] DB Column Format

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Thu May 14 18:14:43 UTC 2009

Nancy Wichmann wrote:

> That doesn’t work because the schema is updated by the time the update
> runs. The only thing I can think of now is to rename the old column
> and use “db_column_exists.”

Renaming the field sounds like a reasonable alternative to me. Using the
same field in two different fashions even over time can lead to bugs in
third party modules that are difficult to track down because they don't
see actual errors. That said I have since delete the origin of this
thread so i dont know why this was an issue in the first place. Advice
worth price paid. Good luck. -mf