[development] 5.x to 6.x migration timeline, best practices, tips

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 19 18:39:53 UTC 2009

Quoting Nathaniel Catchpole <catch56 at googlemail.com>:

> Because changing those instructions to "Do a diff between all the core
> .install files to check for schema changes between the release you're
> currently on and the latest stable release, if there have been any updates,
> upgrade to the latest stable first, if not, proceed directly to 6" wouldn't
> make any sense to 90% of people?

I'm fine with that except that there isn't a real need then to bring
it up here, IMO.  It only takes a matter of a few seconds to upgrade
to the latest version.  It would take me just as long to prepare and
read the diff which is manual work where I might get it wrong.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/