[development] The future of hook_node_info()

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Thu May 21 16:58:22 UTC 2009

Maybe we actually need node objects AND generic, stripped-down Drupal
objects.  All of the extra "baggage" that comes along with node types
is actually sometimes very beneficial and powerful, making it much
easier to do some things.  At other times, it's completely in the way
-- hence, I've sometimes created completely new objects in my modules
without using nodes at all.

Just as a wild idea which might have some potential use -- maybe take
a look at how the file framework handles its objects
(http://drupal.org/project/fileframework).