[development] Status update: WYSIWYG support in Drupal core

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Sat May 23 17:10:27 UTC 2009

I don't think anyone would argue that having buttons on an textarea for
commonly used actions is a problem in any way - I personally hate having th
type out log tags like blockquote multiple times where spelling errors can
cause problems.

As for actual wysiwyg, it depends on the implementation, and the thing here
is if its not tightly coupled with the software, it shows.

A dual mode like in wordpress could be interesting, however I have visited
fora (using invision power board I think) where there is some sort of hybrid
mode where test was as in wysiwyg, but new additions could be made through
adding more tags too.