[development] Fwd: Re: behaviors context

David Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Fri May 29 19:52:56 UTC 2009

I think I get what you're writing about.  It makes sense when you're
behavior affects, say, all elements of a certain class.  And you can
update the class after the behavior acts.

But in my case, I need to operate over all elements.  So to do what
you're talking about I'd need to add classes all over the place.

Specifically, I'm working with Facebook Connect.  And I need to tell
facebook's javascript to parse any markup added to a page.  They provide
methods to do this,
http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/JS_API_T_FB.XFBML.Host.
One method parses the whole dom tree, another limits the parse to
specific elements.  For performance reasons I prefer to use the more
limited method, but I'll resort to the other if I really have to.

-Dave