[development] _preprocess_ issues

John VanDyk jvandyk at iastate.edu
Sun Nov 1 00:25:54 UTC 2009

Matt, take a look at the Note on page 182: "Variables are only
aggregated and passed into themable items that are implemented as
template files. Variables are not passed into themable items
implemented as theme functions."

Thus, if you do not have a breadcrumb.tpl.php file in your theme, that
is why it is not happening for you.

Also, the Note on page 181 warns: "Don't use Garland as the active
theme..."

If you do use Garland, you'll have to comment out the
phptemplate_breadcrumb() function in Garland's template.php, as it is
taking precedence.

John