[development] auto deployment in drupal

Andrew Berry andrewberry at sentex.net
Thu Nov 5 22:54:53 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-05, at 7:59 AM, vishnu vardhan wrote:

> I am newbie in drupal.I have started to learn how to code in drupal.
> I have configured my eclipse with drupal but everytime i make a
> change in my workspace i have to copy the entire thing in xampp
> \htdocs folder is there any way to directly deploy it with eclipse.

What Michael is suggesting is the best way to go, and works fine. You
can also create an "external tool configuration" to run a script. It's
much easier on *nix systems where you have bash, rsync, etc, but
perhaps you could install PowerShell to achieve the same functionality.

This is especially useful where you have CVS checkouts of Drupal
modules and want to copy them within a specific Drupal project for
testing.

--Andrew