[development] Defining additional search paths for modules?

Justin Davis justindavis at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 16 19:53:59 UTC 2009

Thank you for the quick response.

I've been using symlinks thus far, but would like to use something that I could manage either through the admin interface or the settings.php file. In theory, if it were a module with a config interface, I could allow the sub-site administrators to enable or disable blocks of modules without giving them write access to the filesystem.

One of our goals/requirements is to manage all modules centrally & prevent site admins from potentially installing an unmaintained or unpatched module. Unfortunately this means that each site's admin/build/modules page has a significant load time and with enough modules/categories listed to hinder an admin's ability to quickly find something suited to a specific task.

--
Justin Davis
Liberal Arts ITS Sr. System Analyst
justindavis at mail.utexas.edu