[development] CVS Approval Policy: was Re: new features in D6 core?

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Wed Nov 18 13:42:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 15:30 +0200, Ashraf Amayreh wrote:
> It seems you misunderstood my reasoning. I'm simply suggesting this to
> make it compulsory for any CVS owner to talk about a possible module
> on the dev list BEFORE being able to create the project node. If the
> module is new it will get a thumbs up and he would get the go, if it's
> repetitive, the CVS owner will need to give good reasoning and then
> could be allowed to post it, and if he can't persuade anyone it would
> get rejected. Other module developers could suggest teaming up or
> perhaps point him to modules with similar functionality that he was
> unaware of as long as he has to post to the dev list before being able
> to create a new project node (kind of reminds me of the node limit
> module).

It was some kind of joke, don't worry :)

I agree with the fact a lot of modules shouldn't even exists. But this
MY judgement, and because I'm a simple human, my judgement is not the
only one which is right (and is probably wrong btw).

It's difficult to define what is a good reasoning, because every man
which will review appliances for a new project CVS will have a different
opinion about this.

My though is that on d.o, it should exist some kind of tag like "core
team says YAY! to this module" and "core team totally disapprove this
ugly module", which should help users to get stable, maintainable, and
non abandoned modules.

Pierre.