[development] CVS Approval Policy: was Re: new features in D6 core?

Ken Winters kwinters at coalmarch.com
Wed Nov 18 14:58:55 UTC 2009

> The only alternative is to catch projects before they are even
> created by requiring permission per project rather than a CVS
> account that can create an unlimited number of projects/modules. Not
> to mention the added benefit of introducing the module on the dev
> list to everyone which is a huge advantage.

If we don't end up forcing users into anything, at minimum let's give
some strong encouragement to post to the dev list.  It will at least
allow for "have you seen module X?" dupe avoidance.

I've noticed that when there is contention on an issue it often
results in no progress at all, but we can pull off some easy
improvement with nothing but content changes in spite of that (but
only if don't just let it drop).

- Ken Winters